Features of Motorized Blinds and Shades
Motorized blinds can tilt open or close at the touch of a button. Motorized shades can completely raise or lower using your remote control device.
The Best Uses for Motorized Blinds and Shades
Operating Hard to Reach Windows
Do you have a tall window that is difficult to reach or operate? Windows in foyers or hard-to-reach windows are the best candidates for motorized blinds and shades. Use a remote to adjust your shades to whatever height you desire, without any need for a step ladder or other tool.
In the last few decades, there have been over 500 reported incidents of children having harmful or fatal encounters with corded blinds. Motorized shades help remove or limit choking hazards from your windows, making them much safer for kids and pets.
Learn More About Child Safety »
Motorized blinds and shades work well in rooms where you frequently want to raise or lower all the shades at once, or want to open all the blinds at once. Motorized shades are great for prepping the living room to watch a movie or in the bedroom to wake up to a room full of sunlight.
Finding the Right Motorized Blinds and Shades
What type of window treatment do you prefer? Motorized blinds and shades come in a variety of window treatment types, with slightly different functions depending on what you choose.
Motorized lift means that the entire window covering can be raised or lowered by remote. You can find motorized lift in the following types of window treatments:
Motorized tilt is for horizontal blinds, and means that you can tilt your slats or vanes into an open or closed position to let in more or less light.
- 15 colors available
- Gently filters light
- Medium to large windows
DiamondCell Light Filtering
- Variety of colors
- Gently filters light
- Small to medium windows
Radiance 2" Room Darkening
- Have it all - raise, lower, & tilt
- Variety of colors available
- Dims the light
Choose a Power Source
There are multiple ways to power your motorized window treatments. Choose from three possible power sources for your motorized blinds and shades.
DC Power Adapter
- No batteries needed
- Ideal if you have electrical outlets in close proximity to your windows
- No set-up required
- Useful if there are no outlets present near the windows
- Easy to attach to your window treatment
- Blends seamlessly with your shade and attaches at the top
Solar Power Kit
- Sleek, unobtrusive design
- Powers shade through sunlight with no batteries or power cords
Select Your Remote
After you've selected your product, you can pick the type of motorized remote you want for your home. The type of remote you choose will depend on the set-up and needs of your home, and varies by brand and product.
One Channel Remote /
One Channel Wall Switch
- Ideal for a single hard-to-reach window or a group of windows you want to control at the same time.
- A wall switch works just like a light-switch—one click to control your motorized blinds and shades.
Five Channel Remote /
Five Channel Wall Switch
- Allows up to 5 programmable channels at once
- Ideal for controlling shades in multiple rooms, groups of shades in the same room
- Also useful for controlling separate individual shades that you want at varying heights
- Want the sunlight to be your alarm clock? Program your shades open at sunrise, or to raise or lower at different times throughout the day
- Useful for giving the appearance that someone is home when you are away
The Cost of Motorized Blinds and Shades
The cost of motorized blinds and shades will depend on what brand and product you select, along with the style of remote, size of your window treatments and power source. You can find something affordable, or customize your motorized window treatments with all the bells and whistles you want.
Brands That Offer
|Cellular Shades, Exterior Shades, Pleated Shades, Roller & Solar Shades, Roman Shades, Sheer Shades, Wood Blinds||$96|
|Aluminum Blinds, Bamboo Shades, Cellular Shades, Faux Wood Blinds, Pleated Shades, Roller and Solar Shades, Roman Shades, Wood Blinds||$135|
|Bamboo Shades, Roller and Solar Shades, Wood Blinds||$175|