Product Warranty for Window Treatments Purchased from American Blinds
American Blinds extends the following warranty to the original purchaser of window treatments, which are properly installed in the original window, with proof of purchase. This is in addition to any warranty provided by manufacturers of products sold under brand names.
What is covered:
- Materials and operating mechanisms (including cords and ladders) are covered for 3 years.
- Manufacturer defects and shipping damage (reported within 14 calendar days)
What's not covered:
- Variations in texture, construction or color of natural products, slight warping of wood products, and natural color changes to materials that take place over time.
- Product failure due to any of the following:
- Improper installation, operation or cleaning
- Normal wear and Tear
- Excessive exposure to heat, sunlight or moisture
- Damage from children, pets or insects
- Improper cleaning
- Alteration of any kind
- Products that exceed size recommendations or are outside of product specifications
Resolution of Warranty Issues:
- Repair or Replace: We will determine, at our discretion, whether the product will be repaired or replaced.
- Product Discontinuation: If a product replacement is needed for a discontinued product still under warranty, we will provide a substitute product that matches as closely as possible. In the event that there are multiple products in the same room, only the defective product will be repaired or replaced. Every effort will be made to match the original specifications.
- Shipping Costs: After a 1 year period, the customer is responsible for any shipping costs associated with warranty repair.
After Warranty Expires:
- After warranty expires, many products can still be repaired for a nominal charge.
- In many cases, a repair kit with then necessary components and instructions to facilitate the repair can be sent to the customer. A nominal charge may apply.
- • Call the number on our website, and provide your original order number.
This warranty takes the place of all other stated warranties, whether written or oral. In no event shall we be liable for incidental or consequential damages that may result from any defect in product or breach of this warranty. We reserve the right to inspect any part or component prior to replacements. In order for repair or replacement to be made, a Bill of Sale, canceled check or other payment record verifying the original purchase date must be presented to us. The exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages may vary according to state of purchase, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not be applicable to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and may also include other rights which may vary from state to state.