Outside Mount Instructions - Width
- Measure the exact width (left to right) of the window frame or how wide you would like the blind to be.
- Make sure to measure wide enough to cover the entire window and provide for minimum light gap. Example: if the window opening is 36", by ordering 40", it will provide 2" coverage on each side of the window.
- This is the width measurement you will order; width is always the first measurement recorded.
- The valance will be about 2" wider, than the width ordered, for valance returns.
- If you specify outside mount, the manufacturer will not take any additional deductions.
Outside Mount Instructions - Height
- Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in 3 places.
- Take the longest of the 3 measurements.
- We recommend adding about 3" or 4" to this number to ensure optimum light control and privacy.
- Please be aware your height measurement will always include the headrail. Example: if the height ordered is 50" this will be the height including the headrail (from the very top of the headrail to the bottom rail).
- You will mount the headrail on, above or beyond the window frame.
- Some windows have decorative trim which may interfere with mounting; it's important to add to your measurement to mount above the trim. Remember to request extension brackets.
* Do not transpose width and height measurements. *
* Finished blind size may vary +/- 1/8”. *
Place cursor over image for alternate view.