- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Panel Track Blinds | Sliding Panels
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
BaliAlternative to vertical blinds for large windows and more. Made from beautiful, natural woven wood.Sale
BaliFilter out glare and UV rays, keep your outside view. Choose your design and opacity level.Sale
Panel Track Blinds
Need to cover a door but aren't in love with the look of vertical blinds? Panel track blinds are a unique window treatment that can solve the problem. Also called sliding panel blinds, these coverings are perfect for doors and large windows. They consist of a long track that holds several narrow panels of material. You can slide the panels across the window to darken the room and enjoy privacy. When you want to go outside or reveal your view, you can stack the panels on top of each other.
Sliding panels provide a sleek, modern look for larger windows and doors. They come in a variety of beautiful materials that match your décor. You can enjoy the natural look of materials like bamboo or highlight your window with fabric in a bold color. The panels you select also give you control over how much privacy and light control a room gets. Sheer panels provide filtered light, while blackout ones thoroughly darken a room.
Panel Track Blind Advantages
Should you try sliding panel blinds in your home? This type of window treatment provides some unique advantages.
- Easy to move: If you have a sliding glass door or French door, you'll need a window treatment that can move. Panel track blinds slide horizontally, so you can walk through the door without opening the whole window treatment.
- Matches other shades: Panel shades often match other window treatments like Roman shades or solar shades. This lets you get a cohesive look for all the windows and doors in your home.
- Block glare: Panel shades ensure that large windows don't make it impossible to relax in your home. Depending on your needs, you can get shades that entirely block sunlight or ones that just reduce harsh glare.
- Visual appeal: Compared to vertical blinds, panel shades look a little more streamlined. They can help your home look more upscale, and they add a touch of elegance to your décor.
How to Upgrade Sliding Panel Blinds
To get even more benefits from your panel blinds, try adding these upgrades.
- Split stack: This option lets you divide your panels in half and slide them to either end of the window. Upgrading your blinds with this feature is ideal for wider windows. It frames your view nicely and makes it easier to reveal or cover just one part of the window.
- Decorative valances: Adding a valance gives your window a little extra distinction. It covers any hardware and adds a bit of flair. Ordering a valance at the same time as your blinds lets you pick one in a matching color.
- Liners: If you're picking a sheer or woven wood panel, you might want to add a liner behind the panels. This can give you better light control or more privacy.
- Decorative edge binding: Depending on the type of panel you get, you might want to add a decorative edge binding. Choose a matching color for an elegant look or add some pizzazz with a contrasting shade.
Considerations for Panel Track Blinds
If you want to avoid any issues later on, choose your window treatment thoughtfully. Here are a few things to know about decorating with panel track blinds.
- The guiding track at the top of the window requires extra mounting depth. If you have shallow windows, keep in mind that you'll probably need an outside mount.
- Since these panels are very wide, they can look a little odd on petite windows. Most people prefer this style of window treatment for picture windows, sliding doors, and similar styles.
- If you're considering fabric or woven wood panels, it's important to know that humidity can damage them. Synthetic panels work better in kitchens and bathrooms.
How to Measure and Install Sliding Panel Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the panel blinds' product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your panel track blinds, you have a few product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install sliding panel blinds yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide provided with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing sliding panel blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of panel track blinds in your own home.