- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Vertical Blinds
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Over 150 colors and patterns. Perfect for large and extra-wide windows and walk-through patio doors..Sale
Choose from a variety of contemporary and neutral colors in various textures. A modern solution for vertical window treatments.Sale
Vertical blinds are wide panels of durable material hung on a sliding track. They're a favorite choice for sliding glass doors, picture windows, and other broad, tall openings. The perk of vertical blinds is that you can slide them out of your way. This makes it easy to step out a door or admire a view. You also have the option of angling your vertical blinds to the side. Doing this lets you enjoy filtered light while still retaining privacy and blocking glare.
These blinds are a lovely accent to any room. They have a sleek, modern look that complements a variety of decor. You can pick neutral colors that fade into the background or bright colors that draw attention to your view. You can also customize the feel of the blinds. In addition to traditional smooth blinds, there are also soft fabric-coated ones and textured ones that look like faux wood.
Reasons to Choose Vertical Blinds
There are many benefits associated with adding vertical blinds to your home.
- Low-Maintenance: Since manufacturers typically make these blinds out of PVC, they are very sturdy and moisture-resistant.
- Vertical Coverage: The blinds open from side to side instead of top to bottom. This makes them useful for situations where you just want to expose one side of a window or door.
- Easy-to-Clean: You can easily wipe these blinds clean with a damp cloth, so they're ideal for high-traffic areas.
- Movable: The sliding track makes it easy to move these blinds out of the way. In addition to sliding, the individual panels can be quickly brushed aside. This movability is very helpful for blinds in front of doors.
Upgrades and Options for Vertical Blinds
If you want to enjoy even more benefits of vertical blinds, give these upgrades a try.
- S-shaped Slats: These slats fit together more tightly, so they block more light. They're ideal for spaces that need to be darker.
- Valance: An optional valance can make outside-mount blinds look a little more seamless. On all styles of blinds, valances add some extra style and elegance.
- Metallic finish: This high-impact finish makes your blinds a glossy silver and adds a touch of glam to any room.
- Cordless controls: Upgrade from a traditional cord to a wand. Many people find wand controls easier to use, and they're safer for children.
Additional Vertical Blinds Information
There are a few things you should keep in mind while browsing vertical blinds.
- The broad shape of vertical blinds means they look best on larger windows. Most people only use them on a small window if the window is unusually tall or wide.
- Since the blinds aren't attached at the bottom, they tend to move around a little more. Only select them for rooms that need less privacy and light-blocking.
- The guided track system of vertical blinds requires more mounting depth compared to horizontal blinds.
- Carefully consider how you'll choose the blinds before selecting their stack side. This affects which side the blinds open to, so it impacts your view and ability to walk through the blinds.
Your Guide to Measuring and Installing Vertical Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the vertical blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your vertical shades, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install vertical blinds yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing vertical blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of vertical blinds in your own home.