- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Roman Shades
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
SouthSeasSouthSeas Roman Shades offer a classic design style with modern options. Bring function and safety to your shades with a variety of lift options.Sale
SouthSeasThe gorgeous look of Roman Shades on an easy Roller Shade system. Over a hundred fabrics to choose from.Sale
When you want a distinctive look for your home, Roman shades are one of the best choices. These shades use beautiful panels of fabric, so they're great for calling attention to windows. Since Roman blinds come in multiple colors and styles, you can easily find styles that match your unique décor.
These stunning shades are also a practical choice. Just like blinds, you can raise and lower them with ease. When the shades are down, they can filter light and give you extra privacy. If you want to enjoy your view, the fabric neatly folds up along the top of your window. Roman blinds pair very nicely with other window treatments. You can stack them with curtains, roller shades, or blinds to get even more control over light and privacy levels.
Roman Shades Provide Exciting Benefits
There are many reasons why these shades are so popular. Decorating with this style of window treatment provides you with all sorts of advantages.
- Luxurious style: The soft swags of fabric give Roman blinds a distinctive look. They're ideal for making a room look elegant and upscale.
- Versatile designs: Roman shades have many different pleating options, so it's easy to complement your décor. You can choose from minimalistic styles like flat shades or chic styles like hobbled folds.
- Interesting patterns and textures: These shades use fabric, so you have access to all sorts of colors and patterns. You can add even more visual interest with textures like soft, woven linen or smooth, glossy silk.
- Personalized light control: These shades let you choose exactly how much light you want in a room. Blackout shades can make a bedroom nice and dark, or sheer shades can fill a room with filtered light.
- Ease of use: These shades quickly raise and lower, so you can adjust them in moments.
Choose From a Variety of Great Upgrades
One of the other great things about Roman shades is that they're extremely customizable. These awesome upgrades take your window treatments to the next level.
- Motorized controls: Installing a motor makes it easy to raise or lower your shades with a remote control.
- Cordless systems: Consider swapping out a traditional cord for a continuous loop or a cordless lift. These pet- and child-friendly options make it even easier to open and lower the shades.
- Coordinating valances and cornices: These decorative pieces cover the top of your Roman blinds, hiding the hardware and adding some extra flair. Some people like to use fabric that matches their shades while others like the bold look of contrasting fabric.
- Additional liners: Liners serve all sorts of helpful functions. They can make your room darker, or you can use them to protect from sun damage.
- Top down/bottom up lift: This upgrade lets you lower your shades from the top or lift them from the bottom. It can be very helpful for letting light shine through the top while giving you privacy at eye level.
Additional Info About Roman Shades
Here are a few other things you need to know before you decide if Roman blinds are right for you.
- When you fully raise the shades, the fabric will fold up into a thick stack of material. Make sure you're OK with the top few inches of your view being behind the shade.
- If you want an inside mount shade, double-check your window depth. These shades are a little thicker, so you'll need to confirm that you have enough space.
- Keep in mind that many lighter shades of fabric will let some light in. Depending on your needs, you might want to remember to add a blackout lining.
How to Measure for and Install Roman Shades
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the Roman blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your shades, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install Roman blinds yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing Roman blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of Roman shades in your own home.