- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Cellular Shades | Honeycomb Blinds
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
LevolorSoft light filtration and excellent insulation. Cordless and other lift options available.Sale109.99 SAVE 45%60.49
Bella ViewProvides superior insulation, diffuses sunlight and available with single or double cell styles, multiple colors and several upgrade options.. Choose from a broad spectrum of colors and prints to perfectly match your home’s style.Sale53.99 SAVE 35%35.09
BaliInsulates and filters sunlight. Large selection of whites, neutrals and bold colors.Sale129.99 SAVE 45%71.49
SouthSeasAvailable in single or double cell thickness and designer colors for ultimate customization. Cordless and top-down/bottom-up options give you maximum and effortless light control and privacy.Sale43.99 SAVE 35%28.59
Bella ViewInsulates and blocks sunlight. Broad palette of fabric color choices.Sale68.99 SAVE 35%44.84
SouthSeasAn excellent solution to block external light, glare, and UV rays in media rooms, nurseries, bedrooms, and common areas. Choose from a single or double cell for additional insulation.Sale72.99 SAVE 35%47.44
LevolorBlocks most light from entering the window. Palette of vibrant colors to choose from.Sale139.99 SAVE 45%76.99
BaliBlocks sunlight and creates privacy and insulation. Available in single or double cell structure.Sale166.99 SAVE 45%91.84
Bella ViewSuperior insulation properties. Available in a variety of colors and lift options to fit all needs.Sale122.99 SAVE 35%79.94
Bella ViewLight-filtering shades gently filter light into the room and provide excellent insulation. Choose from a wide array of premium colors and upgrades to match your shade perfectly to your décor.Sale91.99 SAVE 35%59.79
Bella ViewChild safe cordless control comes standard. Blackout Cellular Shade.Sale120.99 SAVE 35%78.64
SimplyEcoGround-breaking and eco-friendly these shades are lightweight and energy-efficient. Great for maximum privacy and superior light control.Sale121.99 SAVE 35%79.29
MyBlindsHoneycomb design stops and traps air from entering and leaving through your windows. Available in a range of neutral and bold colors.Sale147.99 SAVE 35%96.19
SimplyEcoSimplyEco Cordless Light Filtering Cellular Shades will bring looks that wow. Great for privacy and light control.Sale97.99 SAVE 35%63.69
Bella ViewA stylish option for covering French Door windows. Available in 3/8” cell size and a variety of colors.Sale439.99 SAVE 35%285.99
Bella ViewChild safe cordless control comes standard. Available in popular neutrals and greys.Sale96.99 SAVE 35%63.04
Bella ViewA perfect solution for covering French Door windows. Available in a variety of colors in the 3/8” cell size.Sale375.99 SAVE 35%244.39
MyBlindsHoneycomb design stops and traps air from entering and leaving through your windows. Available in a range of neutral and bold colors.Sale124.99 SAVE 35%81.24
When you want a simple yet effective shade, cellular blinds are a great choice. This style of shade is often called a honeycomb shade due to its distinctive shape. Thanks to the crisp pleats of the shade, the interior looks like rows of tiny hexagons. The pleats add a little extra visual flair to your shades, and they have a practical purpose too. Since the shades trap air, they also do an excellent job of blocking noise. They're a favorite for using in bedrooms, home offices, and other places you need peace and quiet.
Depending on their finish, cellular blinds offer a variety of light-control options. Many cellular blinds are sheer shades that provide filtered light and improve privacy. Some honeycomb shades also use blackout backings that are highly effective. They can make a bedroom nice and dark or banish glare from your electronics. Some models of cellular shades even come with a Day/Night design that has two layers. You can pull down the sheer layer for filtered light or pull down the blackout layer for more light blockage.
Advantages of Cellular Blinds
Honeycomb blinds come with a variety of fantastic perks.
- Appealing Finishes: Color, texture, and gloss make a big difference
to the final look, and cellular shades have plenty of options. You
can complement minimalistic décor with glossy neutrals or use a soft, textured tan for an organic look. Cellular shades even come in colors like navy and blush, so you can accent a room with fun colors.
- Reliable Insulation: The shape of this shade traps little pockets of
air between the layers. The trapped air is great insulation. It can
keep your home at a comfortable temperature while lowering your
- Affordable: Honeycomb shades are almost as budget-friendly as basic
blinds. They make it easy to get great coverage without breaking the bank.
- Compact Design: The shades are very compact when you raise them, so
they won't distract from your view.
Ways to Upgrade Your Cellular Shades
Want to make your shades even better? Try adding these optional features.
- Double or Triple Cell: These honeycomb shades have extra rows of pleated fabric, so they insulate even better.
- Top Down/Bottom-Up Lift: This mounting style lets you lower the top of your shades or raise the bottom. It gives you more control over your light and privacy levels.
- Cordless Systems: When you want a sleeker look that's safer for children, it can be a good idea to eliminate cords. Some shades let you use a continuous cord loop that's attached to the wall. Another option is a cordless lift where you apply pressure to the bottom rail to adjust the shades.
- Motorized: Adding a motor to your shades makes it easier to adjust them. You just press a button to raise or lower the shades. This is especially helpful for large or out-of-reach windows.
- Light Guard: This aluminum strip along the edge of the shade keeps light from leaking. It guarantees your room is as dark as possible.
Things to Know Before Getting Honeycomb Shades
To make sure you're satisfied with your purchase, there are a few things you need to know.
- Consider cell size carefully since this impacts the look and function of your shades. Smaller cells are easier to operate and fit in narrow spaces, but the tiny rows can look busy. Larger cells offer more insulation and a more streamlined look, but they won't fit in all windows.
- Keep in mind that these shades aren't as adjustable as mini blinds. When you close the shades, the opacity of the fabric will decide how much light enters the room. Make sure to pick carefully when choosing between sheer, solid, and blackout shades.
- Cellular shades use softer materials, so they may absorb moisture and odors. It's best not to install them too close to stoves, sinks, or showers.
Your Guide to Measuring and Installing Cellular Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the cellular blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your honeycomb shades, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install cellular shades yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing honeycomb blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of cellular shades in your own home.