- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Wood Shutters | Wooden Shutters
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Bella ViewReal wood shutters, custom-made in the USA. A classic look with easy installation.Sale309.99 SAVE 40%185.99
Acadia LivingA classic look, made from real hardwood. Durable and easy to install.Sale265.99 SAVE 40%159.59
Bella ViewThe classic charm of solid wood shutters. Variety of options to create the look you want.Sale411.99 SAVE 40%247.19
View our Wood Shutters Buying Guide
Interior wooden shutters are a type of window treatment that installs directly on your window. The frame of the shutters fits into your window frame, creating a permanent window treatment. Once they're in place, shutters are very easy to use. You can pivot the panels open to enjoy your view or close them for more privacy. When you close the shutters, you can tilt the slats for more precise light control. Closing them darkens the room while angling them lets in filtered light.
Interior shutters come in many attractive styles. You can get painted wood shutters if you prefer neutral shades like white, cream, beige, or black. If you prefer the natural look of wood, you get to choose from lovely stains like teak, black walnut, and cherry. These window treatments are also available with different louver sizes. Wider slats have a bolder look while narrow ones provide a more traditional appearance.
Advantages of Wood Shutters
Many homeowners feel that wooden interior shutters are worth every penny. This special type of window treatment has many great benefits.
- Improved Home Value: Since these are a permanent upgrade to your windows, they affect your home price. Wooden shutters are highly desirable, so potential buyers will pay more for a home with these treatments.
- Better Insulation: Wood is a very dense material, so it helps to insulate your home. When you close them, the shutters will block noise and excess heat or cold.
- Fantastic Style: Wooden shutters are one of the most luxurious window treatments. They have an elegant, high-end look that adds class to any room.
- Durability: Natural wood is an incredibly sturdy material. These shutters don't bend or dent easily, and they'll look great for years to come.
- Adjustable Light Control: Shutters have several different configurations, so it's easy to get exactly the amount of light you want. You can choose from darkness, bright light, filtered light, or indirect light.
Wood Shutter Upgrade Options
Even the most basic wood shutter models are already very high-end. However, if desired, you can upgrade them even further.
- Decorative Mounts: For extra flair, consider a decorative frame like a Gallery frame or Sculptured frame. These have additional beveling and detail that create a distinctive look.
- Hidden Controls: The basic shutter has a tilt bar across the front to adjust the shutters. You can upgrade to a hidden bar if you want a cleaner appearance.
- Premium Stains: For a more unique appearance, consider decorating your shutters with a rich stain like mahogany or teak.
- Café Height Shutters: This shutter-style only covers half the window. It lets you get natural light while enjoying privacy at eye level.
Things to Know About Wood Shutters
To get the best experience with your wooden shutters, there are a couple of things that you need to take into account.
- Real wood isn't recommended for bathroom or kitchen windows. High levels of moisture can cause warping, which is problematic with the fit of your shutters.
- Inside-mount wood shutters won't be compatible with windows that tilt inwards. You can still get shutters, but you'll need outside-mount shutters instead.
- Since these are a permanent installation, measuring and installing them can be tricky. Don't be afraid to ask for professional help if you need it.
How to Measure and Install Wood Shutters
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the wood shutters product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your interior shutters, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install wooden shutters yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing wooden shutters, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of wood shutters in your own home.