- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Vertical Cellular Shades
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Vertical Cellular Shades
Do you have large windows or doors that need some extra coverage? A vertical cellular shade is an elegant and useful window treatment. These shades have layered panels of fabric with pleats in a honeycomb shape. They fit in a track at the top of your window and slide from side to side. You can slide the shades closed for privacy or to block light. Then, when you want to enjoy your view or step through the door, cellular shades are easy to slide open.
The pleated folds of cellular shades create a crisp, modern look. They work particularly well with midcentury and industrial décor but are simple enough to complement other styles as well. Thanks to the variety of fabric choices, it's possible to find a shade that coordinates with just about any interior design. Choose from soft pastels, eye-catching colors, and bold, dark neutrals. Whatever color you pick, you can enjoy a treatment that frames your windows beautifully.
Advantages of Vertical Cellular Blinds
Choosing vertical honeycomb blinds for your home can be extremely helpful. These window treatments come with a variety of advantages.
- Insulation: These shades have pockets of air between the layers, so they block heat transfer. You can use these shades to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Coordinating décor: Many other types of window treatments for doors don't match your window coverings. Meanwhile, cellular shades come in both vertical and horizontal styles. You can create a cohesive look for a room even if it has multiple door and window types.
- Personalized light control: Whether you want sheer shades that filter light or blackout shades that block it, cellular shades can help. These shades come in multiple opacity levels, so you can pick the perfect one for each room.
- Easy to open: Vertical cellular shades quickly slide to the side when you need to open a door. They make it easy to step through your door without having to raise or lower an entire shade.
Vertical Cellular Shade Upgrades
All basic cellular shades already come with a lot of benefits. However, if you want to make your window treatments even better, try upgrading them with one of these features:
- Double Cell: These shades have an additional row of pleated material. They provide extra insulation for your windows and doors.
- Antimicrobial: Try this type of vertical cellular shade if you're concerned about germs. The fabric's design makes it resistant to mold, mildew, and other pesky microorganisms.
- Custom rail color: The rails along the edges of the honeycomb blind usually come in a color-coordinated hue. If you want a more unique look, you can pick other options like white, gray, or brown.
Things to Know About Vertical Cellular Shades
Vertical honeycomb blinds have a distinctive style, so they might not work for every window. Here are some facts you need to keep in mind while choosing a window covering.
- Since these shades open from the side, you might not want them on windows that open from the bottom.
- Cellular shades can absorb moisture, so they're not ideal for high-humidity environments. You may want to avoid installing them near kitchens, bathrooms, or doors that are constantly open to the elements.
- Since these shades don't have slats you tilt to adjust light control, make sure you pick the right opacity. The amount of light blockage a material provides is the amount of light control you'll get every day.
How to Measure and Install Vertical Cellular Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the vertical cellular shades product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your vertical honeycomb blinds, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install vertical cellular shades yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing vertical cellular blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of vertical cellular shades in your own home.