- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Sheer Shades
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Blend clean, airy design with superior UV protection. A fabric-wrapped cassette, standard with every sheer shade, helps create a cohesive look.Sale
Sleek and elegant room darkening fabrics utilize tilting vanes to block light and provide a warm, soft ambiance with 100% woven seams and tight closure. Superior privacy and versatile light control with the elegant and soft features of sheer shades.Sale
When you want a bright, airy room with plenty of filtered light, sheer shades are an excellent choice. These shades combine the functionality of blinds with the style of sheer curtains. You can choose from a variety of colors and opacity levels, so it's easy to create a distinctive look. Whatever material you pick, these shades have a soft, breezy look that lets in plenty of natural light.
Sheer shades come in many designs. They typically consist of soft fabric panels in between layers of sheer fabric. Some types have fabric louvers you can angle to dim the room. Others use a roller shade design in which sheer and solid panels overlap to provide the desired amount of brightness. You can also raise or lower these shades to provide you with stronger or gentler light as needed. The ability to adjust them in so many ways makes them one of the most versatile types of window treatments.
Discover All the Benefits of Sheer Blinds
There are several reasons that horizontal sheer shades are becoming such a popular option.
- Eye-catching style: The sheer panels add some extra elegance to a simple interior. The clean lines of these shades have a modern look that pairs well with various types of home décor.
- Light filtration: The sheer bands of fabric on these shades help to filter light. They keep the sunlight from being too harsh, but they still make the room feel bright and open.
- Glare prevention: Sheer blinds are ideal for rooms where glare is a problem. Since they diffuse and redirect light, they keep the strong glare off of televisions and computers.
- Privacy: Since the sheer portion is in place even when the slats are open, these window treatments give you extra privacy.
- Design coordination: The streamlined look of horizontal sheer shades allows them to pair well with many other types of window treatments. You can match them with vertical blinds or solid shades. They also layer nicely with curtains or drapes.
Options to Upgrade Your Sheer Shades
- Cordless shades: If you have kids or pets, you might want to select this safer control option. It lets you control the shade by tugging on the bottom rail, so it creates a cleaner look.
- Motorization: Motorized shades are even easier to adjust. You can press a button to adjust your shades without even having to leave the couch.
- Magnetic hold-downs: These brackets firmly hold the bottom of the shade against the window. They're especially useful if you're installing your shades on a door.
- Decorative toppers: Valances wrap around the top of the shade to give it a distinctive look. You can choose from fabric valances in coordinating colors or wood valances in contrasting shades.
Things to Know Before Buying Sheer Blinds
Though these shades are great for many homeowners, they won't work in every situation. Knowing what to expect will help you decide if sheer blinds are right for you.
- Keep in mind that some shades may show outlines to people outside if your room is lit up at night. Pay close attention to a shade's opacity level if you're concerned about privacy.
- If you pick a model made with fabric, it might not do well in high humidity. Select shades made from water-resistant materials if you plan on mounting them in a bathroom or kitchen.
- The cordless lift affects your ability to adjust the angle of the shades. Only get this lift if you don't want to tilt the louvers completely open.
Measuring and Installing Sheer Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering your window treatment. Check the sheer shades product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your sheer blinds, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install horizontal sheer shades yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing sheer shades, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of sheer shades in your own home.