- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Dual Sheer Shades
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Bella ViewAPP controlled Motorization available. Alternating bands of transparent and solid materials.Sale
Do you love soft, filtered light but occasionally want your room to be fully dark? Zebra blinds are an ideal choice because they let you get exactly the amount of light and privacy you want. These shades have the adjustability of blinds and the stylish look of shades.
Zebra blinds get their name from their striped appearance. A zebra shade consists of two adjustable panels striped with bands of sheer and solid fabric. When you stack the solid stripes on top of each other, light flows through the sheer parts of the shade. However, if you pull one shade down a few inches, the solid parts cover the sheer stripes. This creates a solid-looking shade that blocks light and provides privacy. By gently moving the shade panels, you can widen or narrow the amount of light that enters your room.
Reasons to Love Zebra Shades
This unusual style of window treatment has several distinct benefits.
- Streamlined Look: Zebra blinds have a slimmer profile than traditional blinds or drapes. This makes them ideal for rooms where you want a crisp, minimalistic design.
- Superior Light Control: If you prioritize adjustability, these are the shades for you. You can let the light shine through your room or block out the outside world. Compared to traditional shades, they're a bit more versatile.
- Stylish Colors: These shades might be as adjustable as blinds, but they come in more colors. You can choose from a variety of colors, opacities, and textures when picking these shades. It's easy to personalize your window treatment and get something that looks great with your décor.
- Simple Operation: Just moving your shades a couple of inches alters the look of the whole room. When you want to admire the view, these shades quickly roll up out of the way.
How to Upgrade Your Zebra Shades
If you want to make these shades even better, give these upgrades a try.
- Cordless: Some styles come with the option of eliminating the control cord. These shades let you adjust their height by moving the bottom of the shade.
- Motorized: Get rid of manual controls and operate your shades with a remote. A press of a button lets you raise, lower, or adjust the zebra blinds. This upgrade is especially useful for hard-to-reach shades set higher up on the wall.
- Valance: Zebra blinds are set on a slim roller that provides a streamlined look. If you prefer to make your window treatment more eye-catching, add a stylish valance to the top.
- Premium Colors: Make your shades look extra luxurious with special fabric selections. Options like wider bands, woven textures, and glossy textures give your shades extra flair.
Additional Details About Zebra Shades
Are zebra blinds right for you? Here are a few things to know before you select a window treatment style.
- If you want privacy while letting light in, make sure you select a sheer fabric with a heathered texture.
- For taller windows, sliding glass doors, and French doors, vertical sheer shades may work better. These have a similar look and function but open from side to side.
- On their own, these shades provide a decent amount of light control, but they're not blackout shades. If you want to make the room darker, try layering dual sheer shades with a set of thick drapes.
- The horizontal stripes of these shades look best when paired with average-sized or wide windows.
Zebra Shade Measurement and Installation Guide
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the dual sheer shades product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your zebra blinds, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install zebra shades yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing zebra blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of zebra shades in your own home.