Shipping & Policies
We extend the following warranty to the original purchaser of window treatments, which are properly installed in the original window, with proof of purchase. This is in addition to any warranty provided by manufacturers of products sold under brand names.
What is covered:
- Materials and operating mechanisms (including cords and ladders) are covered for 3 years.
- Manufacturer defects and shipping damage (reported within 14 calendar days).
What is not covered:
- Variations in texture, construction or color of natural products, slight warping of wood products, and natural color changes to materials that take place over time.
Product failure due to any of the following:
- Improper installation, operation or cleaning
- Normal wear and tear
- Excessive exposure to heat, sunlight or moisture
- Damage from children, pets or insects
- Improper cleaning
- Alteration of any kind
- Products that exceed size recommendations or are outside of product specifications.
Resolution of Warranty Issues:
- Repair or Replace: We will determine, at our discretion, whether the product will be repaired or replaced.
- Product Discontinuation: If a product replacement is needed for a discontinued product still under warranty, we will provide a substitute product that matches as closely as possible. In the event that there are multiple products in the same room, only the defective product will be repaired or replaced. Every effort will be made to match the original specifications.
- Shipping Costs: After a 1 year period, the customer is responsible for any shipping costs associated with warranty repair.
- After Warranty Expiration: After the warranty expires, many products can still be repaired for a nominal charge. In many cases, a repair kit with the necessary components and instructions to facilitate the repair can be sent to the customer. A nominal charge may apply.
Resolution Procedures: Call the number on our website, and provide your original order number.
This warranty takes the place of all other stated warranties, whether written or oral. In no event shall we be liable for incidental or consequential damages that may result from any defect in product or breach of this warranty. We reserve the right to inspect any part or component prior to replacements. In order for repair or replacement to be made, a Bill of Sale, canceled check or other payment record verifying the original purchase date must be presented to us. The exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages may vary according to state of purchase, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not be applicable to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and may also include other rights which may vary from state to state.
Errors in Your Order
All products sold on American Blinds are custom-made to your specifications, so it is very important that you follow our measuring and installation instructions. It is equally important that you review your order confirmation email for accuracy. Of course we understand that mistakes can occur. If we make a mistake on your order we will either repair or remake your product at no charge to you. If you make a mistake in measuring or ordering, please contact us within 30 calendar days of the productâ€™s delivery to your home. Depending on the type of error, you may return the product to the factory for alteration or we will have it remade at a discount.
Changing or Canceling Your Order
All products are made to order and production normally begins the day after an order is placed. Therefore we are happy to change or cancel your order as long as you contact us within 24 calendar hours from the time you completed the order. Orders that are changed or cancelled after one business day may incur additional charges.
Due to variances between different color monitors the colors that appear on your screen may not be exact.
We strongly encourage you to request free swatches prior to ordering. We guarantee your satisfaction with the color only if you order swatches before purchasing your product (swatch and purchased product must be the same).
Stained finish real wood blinds:
There are natural variances in the wood’s color, grain, etc. that cause dye lots to vary in color. Although we consider these variances to be minimal, there is no way to ensure an exact color with stained wood blinds. If you are ordering real wood blinds with a stained color finish, be sure to purchase all your blinds at the same time so they are manufactured from the same dye lot. We will only guarantee a color match for blinds that are purchased together on the same order.
Natural wood shades (woven wood):
Natural wood shades are made from bamboo, rattan, reeds, jutes and other natural woods. Because they are a natural product, the colors can vary substantially between dye lots. If you are ordering natural wood shades and you want them to match, make certain you purchase all of your shades at the same time so they are manufactured from the same material lot. We will only guarantee a color match for shades that are purchased together on the same order. Please note that the color of our bermuda pattern varies from a light green to a yellow/tan depending on when the bamboo is harvested. Green bamboo should gradually change to a more yellow/tan color over time.
Freight Claim Policy
Upon receipt of your order please be sure to inspect boxes carefully and alert your driver to any immediately observed damage. If items are damaged, do not discard the boxes! We highly encourage you to take pictures of the damage, as the carrier will likely require them to process your claim.
Please report any freight claims to American Blinds Customer Service within 14 calendar days of the original delivery date.
Shipment is free within the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. We cannot ship to PO Box addresses. Please note that oversized orders and shutters will be shipped by freight carrier and will require a signature for delivery.
In compliance with state tax laws, we charge state sales tax.