- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Mini Blinds
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Introducing an affordable and long-lasting 6-gauge aluminum blind. Perfect for doors or shallow windows.
Mini metal blinds are one of the most classic window treatment choices. They consist of narrow metal strips that hang in a flat sheet over your window. The great thing about mini blinds is that they're extremely adjustable. You can raise the blinds to look outside or lower them to darken the room. The metal slats of the blinds tilt, so you can angle them to let in light while still blocking glare.
Aluminum blinds come with many mounting options. An inside-mount blind hangs inside your window frame, creating a streamlined look. Outside-mounts work well when your frame isn't big enough to fit a blind mount. Whatever mount style you pick, metal blinds pair nicely with other window treatments. Layering them with curtains or valances allows you to enjoy both elegance and practicality.
Advantages of Adding Mini Blinds to Your Home
There are many reasons to select aluminum blinds for your windows.
- Affordability: Metal blinds are great for people on a budget. They cost less than materials like wood blinds, and they still look fantastic.
- Sleek profile: As you can probably tell from the name, mini blinds are very thin. Some models are as narrow as 0.5 inches. This makes them ideal for shallow windows.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is one of the lightest window treatment materials. These blinds are very easy to operate, and installing them is simple.
- Many Style Options: There are a huge amount of finishes to choose from. Pick from classic whites, bold colors, or elegant metallics. You can find blinds that match your décor or select styles that highlight your great views.
- Moisture resistant: Aluminum is a very dependable choice for high-moisture areas. It won't rust, warp, or discolor.
Neat Upgrade Options for Mini Blinds
Since these are budget-friendly blinds, they don't have quite as many customization options as other styles. However, metal blinds still come with a few optional features that can enhance your window treatment.
- 2-on-1 Headrail: This upgrade is useful for wider windows. It has separate panels on the same headrail. You get a streamlined look while being able to choose which side of the window you want open.
- Optional Hardware: Certain types of windows can benefit from helpful hardware. Spacer blocks help to hold the blinds away from window trim or other obstructions. Hold-down brackets keep the bottom of the blind in position, so they're useful for blinds on doors.
- Cordless Lifts: This option lets you get rid of control cords and adjust blinds by putting pressure on the bottom blind. They eliminate unsightly cords and make the blinds safer for children and pets.
- Motorization: For even more convenience, add motorization to your blinds. This lets you control your blinds with a remote, so you don't even have to get up to adjust them.
Important Things to Know About Aluminum Blinds
Before you get metal blinds, there are a few more things you should know.
- The small scale of the aluminum slats means these blinds work best on smaller windows. On big windows, the many rows of slats can look a bit busy.
- Some types of thinner aluminum blinds can dent or crease. You'll need to select models made from higher-gauge aluminum if you want the blinds to be as sturdy as possible.
- These blinds are usually seen as a budget-friendly option, so they don't have quite as much "wow factor" as other treatments.
- Smaller blind slats add more privacy, while larger slats can look more traditional.
Measuring and Installing Mini Blinds
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the mini blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your aluminum blinds, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install metal blinds yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing aluminum blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of mini blinds in your own home.