- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Window & Living Room Drapes
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Bella ViewContemporary look, easy to install. Range of beautiful fabric choices.Sale
Curtains and Drapes
Curtains and drapes are some of the most classic types of home decor. These two window treatments are quite similar. However, a curtain is typically a softer, lighter fabric while a drape has a lining and a heavier fabric. Whatever style you pick, there are plenty of appealing fabrics available. Some people like soft, sheer linen for a romantic look while others like the elegance of a jewel-toned brocade. You can choose from neutrals, pastels, brights, solids, textures, and patterns.
In addition to all the beautiful fabrics to choose from, draperies also offer a variety of interesting designs. The pleats at the top of the fabric have a big impact on the final look. You can accent your draperies with dramatic pinch pleats, casual wave folds, or tailored box pleats. The way you attach a curtain to the rod also impacts its overall style. Pick from options like simple grommets, traditional curtain rings, or hidden rod pockets.
Explore the Perks of Curtains and Drapes
These beautiful window treatments come with all sorts of beneficial features.
- Visual Interest: The soft textures of draperies make them one of the most appealing window treatment styles. They highlight stunning views and make your windows an appealing centerpiece.
- Improved Insulation: Heavier drapes do an excellent job of insulating a window. They can muffle street noise and help keep indoor temperatures more comfortable.
- Excellent Light Control: The variety of fabric weights allows you to get exactly the amount of light you want. A sheer curtain can provide filtered light while a blackout drape makes a room nice and dark. You get even more options if you pair the drapery with something like a Roman shade or cellular shade.
- Versatility: A curtain or drape works in almost every situation. It's easy to find a style that matches your decor. They pair nicely with all sorts of window sizes and layer well with blinds or other treatments.
How to Upgrade a Curtain or Drape
To get the most out of your window treatment, consider adding these upgrades to your curtain or drape.
- Liners: A liner can make your drapery more functional. Depending on your needs, you might want a blackout liner or a light filtering one. You can also use a liner to give your windows a uniform look from outside the house.
- Decorative Hardware: Accent your new curtain or drape with some coordinating hardware. Options include curtain rods, finials, and tiebacks.
- Decorative Edges: For a little extra style, consider adding a decorative trim or edge banding to your curtain or drape.
- Color Blocking: Can't decide between two gorgeous fabrics? Some drapery models let you combine multiple fabrics in one curtain panel. You can do a strip of color at the top or bottom for a fun, vibrant look.
Things to Know About Curtains and Drapes
If you want to make sure you get your ideal window treatment, here are a few things you need to know.
- Some materials, like silk and linen, can get sun and heat damage. To avoid any issues, you'll probably need to get a lining.
- Most styles of draperies come with extra fabric width to ensure the fabric folds gently on the curtain rod. For best results, order based on the width of your window, not on the desired width of the panel.
- Remember that you'll need to decide how you want your curtains to open. One panel that stacks on a single side has a minimalistic look. Meanwhile, two panels that split down the middle do a better job of framing your view.
Measuring and Installing Curtains or Drapes
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the drapes product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your draperies, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install curtains yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing a curtain, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of draperies in your own home.