- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Sheer Vertical Blinds
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Bella ViewVersatile, cordless panels of elegant fabric offer both sheer and solid options in one shade. ..Sale
Bella ViewAvailable as a one way. All shades come with a white wand and white headrail.Sale
Vertical Sheer Shades
Vertical sheer shades allow soft, gentle light to flow through your home. These slightly translucent shades provide privacy and soften glare while still letting plenty of natural light in. Their unique design combines the lovely style of sheer drapes with the practicality of blinds. Sheer shades have rigid fabric vanes in between panels of sheer fabric. You can twist the slats closed to block light and enhance privacy, or you can open them to get filtered light.
The vertical design of these shades makes them perfect for big windows and doors. People often use them for picture windows in living rooms or French doors leading to a patio. Just like regular vertical shades, you can push sheer vertical shades to the side to enjoy an uninterrupted view. Being able to stack the shades out of the way also makes them ideal for doors you regularly walk through.
Vertical Sheer Blinds Benefits
This unique style of window treatment is becoming more and more popular. There are quite a few benefits to adding sheer vertical shades to your home.
- Extra Privacy: The sheer panels ensure you get plenty of privacy even when your shades are open. This is especially helpful for homes with windows overlooking sidewalks and public spaces.
- Glare Protection: Don't let glare get in the way of playing games or watching your favorite shows. You can angle these shades to redirect glare, and the sheer panels cut back on bright light.
- Elegant Style: The sheer panels add a little extra flair to vertical shades. Their soft, billowy look complements many types of home décor.
- Side-to-Side Coverage: These sliding shades let you uncover one side of your window while leaving the other covered. This coverage style is often more convenient than shades that move from top to bottom.
Upgrades for Vertical Sheer Shades
Try these upgrades if you want your window treatments to be extra stylish and practical.
- Wand Controls: This style of control gets rid of the chain and cord altogether. It can be a little simpler to use, and it provides a streamlined look.
- Easy-Clean Materials: Some shades are polyester and fabric blends that can be machine washed. This style is ideal for shades in high-traffic areas.
- Split Stack: This splits the shades in half, so you can open them from the middle. If your desired model doesn't have this option, you can get a similar look by installing two shades side by side.
- Valances: A valance is a decorative header that goes over the shade's sliding track. This covers hardware and adds extra style to your home.
Things to Know About Vertical Sheer Blinds
This shade style is certainly unique, so here are some things to know before you settle on sheer vertical shades.
- Read product measurements carefully before ordering. Some outside mount models have a predetermined track size that adds a little extra bulk. They can be up to 4 inches wider than the width you ordered.
- You'll need to decide whether you want your blinds opening on the same or opposite side from your controls. The right choice really just depends on where the shades go and how you'll use them.
- Both matching and contrasting slat colors can look great, so it'll just depend on your needs. Slats that are the same color as the sheer look sleeker and more minimalistic. Contrasting slat and sheer colors create a more vibrant, striped look.
How to Measure and Install Vertical Sheer Shades
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the vertical sheer blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your vertical sheer shades, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install vertical sheer blinds yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing vertical sheer blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of vertical sheer blinds in your own home.