- ‹ Window Treatments
- ‹ Pleated Shades
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
SouthSeasSouthSeas Pleated Shade. SouthSeas Pleated Shade.Sale
Pleated shades have all the functionality of classic shades while also having some extra flair. These window shades have crisp panels of pleated fabric. The elegant folds of the shade add some additional visual interest to your window treatments. When you want to see the view or get more light, the pleats neatly fold out of the way.
Just like regular shades, pleated ones come with plenty of helpful options. You can easily customize them to suit your home. There's a variety of beautiful colors and patterns to choose from. Soft neutrals provide understated style while bold patterns call attention to your windows. Since you can mount these shades inside, outside, or along the lower half of your window, they are very versatile. Accordion shades can look great on all sorts of window shapes and sizes.
Reasons to Get Pleated Shades
Accordion blinds come with a lot of great advantages. In addition to basic convenience, they also offer some extra style. Here are a few of the many reasons people love accordion shades.
- Light Control: A pleated shade gives you plenty of control over light. You can raise it for bright light or lower it to get filtered light. There are even blackout liners that can keep almost any light from coming through.
- Versatile Décor: Since there are so many colors, it's easy to get something that matches your decor. Accordion shades are mostly a modern look. However, since they're so understated, they won't clash with other types of decor.
- Glare Prevention: Even sheer pleated blinds help to reduce harsh sun rays. They're ideal for keeping glare off of your television screens or other electronics.
- Extra Privacy: Unlike blinds, accordion shades don't have any gaps between individual slats. Especially if you get blackout shades, you can get peace of mind about privacy.
How to Upgrade Pleated Shades
Make your shades even better by adding these features.
- Cordless Control Options: If you want a cleaner look, try an option that eliminates dangling cords. A continuous cord loop secures your cord to the wall, while a cordless lift uses hidden controls.
- Top Down/ Bottom Up: This upgrade lets you raise the blinds from the bottom or lower them from the top. It provides extra adjustability, so you get precisely the privacy and light control you need.
- Motorization: Adding a motor to your shades lets you lift and lower them with a remote. It's ideal for hard-to-reach windows.
- 2 on 1 Headrail: This lets you put two individual shades on a single headrail. It works well for wider windows while still providing a clean look.
- Liners: If you love a fabric but think it's too sheer, add a liner. You can choose from light filtering liners and blackout ones.
Pleated Shade Considerations
Just like other window treatments, pleated blinds do come with a few recommendations. Here are some things to keep in mind if you want to ensure you'll be happy with your purchase.
- If you plan on keeping your shades lowered all the time, choose your pleat style wisely. Some styles, like Neat Pleat, have a unique construction that will keep your shades from sagging over time.
- Keep in mind that smaller pleats look better on smaller windows. On large windows, the narrow lines can seem busy.
- If you want a privacy liner, you'll need to select shades with a cordless lift feature. Traditional pleated blinds don't work with liners.
- When using a lot of different colors, you might want to add a fabric backing. This creates a uniform look for the outside of your home.
Measuring and Installing Guide for Pleated Shades
To get the best possible results, you'll need to carefully measure your windows before ordering. Check the pleated blinds product description to see how to measure your window and find the right mounting depth. Once you order your accordion blinds, you have a few different product installation options. If you're feeling handy, you can install pleated shades yourself. All you have to do is follow the easy instruction guide we provide with your purchase.
If you have any questions about measuring and installing pleated blinds, remember that our team is here to help. You can call 800-575-8016 to get measuring and ordering advice from the design consultants at American Blinds. In no time at all, you can be enjoying the gorgeous style of pleated shades in your own home.